Birth & Baby Booklets: Labour & Birth
Written by Janine Rudin, an experienced antenatal teacher and birth doula who has worked with expectant parents since 2002, these booklets are informative and practical, giving a much needed confidence boost.
There are 12 Birth & Baby Booklets, which can be bought individually for £1 each or as a pack for £4.50. They take you from early labour right through to meeting your baby…
- Early Labour: staying calm and in control as you get used to your contractions – what happens, what helps, what partners can do and what to be aware of.
- Established Labour: staying calm and in control as your contractions intensify – what happens, what helps, what you might need, what partners can do and what to be aware of.
- Giving Birth: your guide to giving birth without panic – what happens, what helps and how to stay calm.
- Giving birth by Caesarean: your guide to preparing for birth by caesarean.
- Delivering Your Placenta: your options for the third stage of labour.
- Relax & Breathe for Birth: simple and effective breathing skills to stay calm, ease stress and head off panic.
- Tips for Labour: your essential guide to what can work and what can help in labour.
- Being Induced: what happens, your options, how to make it work and how to stay in control.
- Going over your due date: your guide to staying positive and calm as you wait for labour to start.
- Your Birth Bag: a practical guide to all the useful stuff you might need.
- Writing a birth plan: your guide to writing your preferences for birth.
- Meeting Your Baby: what to expect from the first couple of hours with your baby.
You can buy your booklets from the Birth & Baby Network
Janine Rudin is an experienced specialist in pregnancy, birth and early parenting.